2017 Conference: Building Peer Support Services in University Mental Health Care Systems
We are proud & excited to announce our first annual conference, “Building Peer Support Services in University Mental Health Care Systems;” which will be held in Providence, Rhode Island from October 6-9th, 2017.
At the conference, we will train student leaders from 10-15 universities and equip them with the skills to start Peer Mental Health Advocate programs & LETS Chapters at their own schools. Part of the conference will also be dedicated to a “hack-a-thon” for mental illness & disability-related issues, in which students, administrators, and providers will team up to create action plans for bettering on & off-campus mental health supports.
Who is this Conference for?
- Project LETS chapters launching their PMHA programs this Fall
- University student organizers with lived experience looking to get involved
- Administrators working to make changes on campus that center the needs and experiences of neurodivergent students.
- Providers working to support mentally ill college students in the community
This conference is an excellent opportunity to compare policies and practices at other institutions and learn from each other. We will also have a variety of workshops on suicide prevention, student trauma, peer support, culture and mental illness, power and privilege, and much more.
Who is attending?
This past month, we have worked with students from Columbia, Yale, Valdosta State University, University of Chicago, New Jersey City University, Montclair State University, and St. Louis University to establish chapters, select leadership, and devise implementation plans. Students from these schools will receive training at the conference in October. We’ve also received conference applications from Princeton and Cornell, and will be meeting with Rhode Island College administrators to discuss future collaborations. Counting Brown and RISD, 10 schools are already interested in attending!
How can I get involved?
- APPLY to start a Project LETS chapter
- APPLY to attend the conference as a student liaison
- APPLY to attend the conference as a university liaison
Questions? More information? Interested in sponsoring this Conference?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org